Monday, February 1, 2016

Guitar Class

by Inanna(grade 6)


Benji teaching us about basic chords
Guitar class is pretty awesome! We started it on January 19 and will be ending it on March 17, Saint Patrick’s Day. The teacher, Benji Nagel, is a 27 year old guitarist. He has been involved with the Sisters Folk Festival for about 12 years and is really good at what he does! He and his wife have a beautiful garden in Sisters that is just amazing, called Mahonia Gardens. Those were some fun facts about Benji now here are some about class.
In guitar class, so far, we learned some basic chords and the different notes that the different strings play. The chords are pretty easy to do, but if you want to make a sound you have to press your fingers down really hard! “It hurt my fingers,” said one of the third graders. At first I had a hard time getting my fingers in the right places, but since I’m a pianist my fingers are strong so I kind of got the hang of it. To play guitar you should have very strong fingers or it will be pretty hard. All in all, guitar class is great and we have a great teacher! I hope that everybody else think so, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment