Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Geese Migration!

by Joseph (6)

I think that geese are cool. Geese are passing through Camp Sherman as they are migrating down south for the winter. They fly in formation to help each other get lift. You will see lots of geese this time of year, be careful, they are very protective.

The ones we see in Camp Sherman are Canadian geese. As the name suggests, they migrate from Canada and head down south for the winter. They do this to get more food, because the cold weather kills all their food.

Geese are one of my favorite birds, I have always liked them. People still hunt them and I think  it's sad that they get shot. However, sometimes it’s good, because we need food. We all know about geese, but someday I hope to learn even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment